Innisfree Skincare Haul and Routine


Glass skin, snail extract, and clay masks... these are some buzzwords I've been hearing recently whenever my friend's topics circle around Korean skincare. At first, I was hesitant but my curiosity finally got the best of me. I'm officially on the Korean skincare bandwagon with a new haul of Innisfree products. Spoiler alert! I'm loving all the products so far.

My Skin Type 
Let me give it to you straight: I have very dry and sensitive skin. The catalysts for my dabbling into skincare were my stuffed toys. Seriously. I would get the occasional dry spots on my face but I knew I had to do something about the really bad rashes from exposure to dust. My mom gave me an ultimatum to either get rid of my toys or find products to sort out my skin. Yet I could not part with Hello Kitty and Tweety Bird albeit their propensity to accumulate dust and give me the sniffles. Thus began my skincare journey. I started out with more commercial products from the supermarket to help my skin. It felt like they were doing just the opposite. My face burned from using them daily. Naively, I used to think that the pain was a sign of the product's effectiveness. I had a very different mindset then - I would've relied on the cliché sayings: "no pain no gain" or "that's the price of beauty". 

As I got older, I knew to look for more organic products with natural healing properties to soothe my dry and sore skin. These can sometimes be on the costly side of the skincare spectrum but I've decided to invest in keeping my skin healthy.

The Routine
The famous Korean skincare routine comes in 10 steps. Although I mentioned that I'm committed to investing in my skin, I'm still trying to keep within my budget. Thus, I've narrowed down my products to what I feel are the essentials: 


1. Innisfree Green Tea Balancing Skin EX 


After washing my face with a gentle cleanser, I make sure I apply this toner onto my skin. I swear by the benefits of this baby because it doesn't feel harsh on my sensitive skin unlike other commercial toners do. My skin instantly feel more hydrated too due to the Jeju green tea extract, allowing my skin to look healthier and fresh. It's a blessing from heaven and I plan on making this a staple in my skincare routine.   

2. Innisfree Green Tea Balancing Lotion EX 


And of course, it's not enough to leave the house with just toner on my skin. This lotion is KEY to keeping my skin moisturised and supple. I heard that the secret ingredient to this product is the combination of 16 different kinds of amino acids that result to a dewy and clear look. After I put it on, my skin does feel softer and sometimes looks like it was coated with a layer of shine. If you're thinking about buying this product, my answer would be a resounding and definite YES! 


3. Innisfree Super Volcanic Pore Clay Mask w/ Whitening Pore Serum and Cream


Last but definitely not the least, I try to treat myself to a mask every month (normally on a Sunday, my pamper day). To be honest, this volcanic mask feels like mud and doesn't smell the best. However, when I take rinse all the gunk off, my skin feels AMAZINGLY SOFT and looks brighter. That's not even the best part: it doesn't hurt my sensitive skin at all. Plus points! I swear, this is my holy grail of masks. After I rinse the mask off, I was told it works best with the pore serum and cream that come with it. I apply these two products immediately after, starting with the serum. 

And there you have it! My skincare routine. Short and simple. I'm very excited to keep using these products but am still on the lookout for items that feel best for my skin type. I'll be sure to keep you updated if there are any changes to my routine. Bye for now! 안녕!

No comments