Lovely Goodies from 2015


It's a new year. A clean slate. I love this feeling. Although it's only a day's difference, I find it enthralling that a new chapter in my life is starting. It's one tiny piece of childhood magic that I've kept with me, even at 18 years old. To mark this chapter of my life, I would like to introduce to you some of my belongings that I've collected or received over the past months, which I will bring with me to the new year. Let's go!



1. Daisy Dream by Marc Jacobs 

I've actually been eyeing the Daisy perfume for a while (the one that comes in a pink bottle with flowers on top). It's on my pinterest page if you'd like to see it. My mom, being the fantastic and ever-observant woman that she is, heard me talking about it and surprised me with the "Daisy Dream" version of the fragrance. I absolutely adore it. First, let's talk about the gorgeous packaging. I'm a sucker for the aesthetics of a brand. For starters, it's in my favourite color -  a light powdery blue. It's covered in daisy (hence Daisy Dream). Finally, it has hints of gold, which recently became one of the colours that have grown on me this past year. Also, I could blabber on and on about the scent. It smells like flowers and sophistication that gets people asking me what perfume I put on. It's an instant conversation starter.



2. Makeup (dun dun duuuun)

I won't even try to hide from the truth when I say that I know zilch about makeup. My cousins, however, decided that it's about time that I get used to it. They gifted me with this brilliant set of eyeshadows and lip tints from Sephora. Look at all those colours! How am I ever supposed to figure out what shade to use? It's all so nerve-wracking and exciting! Makeup experiments are well underway for this gal (as well as hours and hours of watching beauty gurus on YouTube).




3. Starbucks Planner 2016 

I just can't stay away. Starbucks planners are always so simple and functional with elegant designs. You can't not love it. What sold me on getting the planner this year was totally Starbuck's partnership with Moleskine. I've always wanted a Moleskine planner but never got one because of my dedication to Starbucks. Now, I can get them both for the price of one. Ah-mazing. Thank you God.



4. The French Beauty Solution by Mathilde Thomas 

You must know by now that I'm a Francophile and total advocate of natural beauty. So, I think you can probably guess why I bought this book. It's a bit on the price-y side. Nonetheless, it provides so much insight on the Parisian woman's lifestyle. Love!

That's all for now. Have a blessed new year. 

Ciao!

No comments