August Favorites

“Sure, everything is ending," Jules said, "but not yet.” ― Jennifer EganA Visit from the Goon Squad

Hello there. Yes, I'm quite aware that my last post was in January of 2016 and I regret not being on my space of the internet for so long. However I'm back and here to stay. I think of this post as a promise to myself and to my readers that I'm going to commit to my blog. So what better way to get reacquainted with blogging and to catch up with all of you than to give you a glimpse on the things I've been loving recently. 


1. Stabilo Pastel Highlighters 

I'm in my last year of college, which also means this is my last year of being a student. While I am excited to start working, I am also going to miss all the homework, the readings, and especially the back-to-school shopping. I decided to spice up my writing supplies this year with these cute highlighters. I love them because their muted colors are more pleasing to the eyes compared to the bright and almost neon hues of regular highlighters. It makes me enjoy studying all the more!

P.S. Being the nerd that I am, I bought the entire set of these highlighters for all my Theology and Philosophy readings. This cost me a lot out of my allowance, so I implore you to pace yourselves on spending for these and choose only the colors that you truly like.


2. Rose Gold Pandora Charm Bracelet

In one of my previous blog posts, I talked about a rose gold watch that I really love. This bracelet is the second addition to my future collection of all things rose gold. The bracelet was a present from my parents for my 20th birthday. To add on to the piece, I got three Pandora charms, a heart charm to represent love, a wing charm to represent angels and God, and an Eiffel tower charm, which says nothing but my being a die-hard Francophile. I love charm bracelets because the same charms could symbolize different things for the owner. It makes me feel so special, knowing that my charms have a unique meaning exclusive to me.


3. City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare 

I consider myself a big fan of the Mortal Instruments series. I started reading it because it was a requirement for high school, years ago. However, we never ended up covering these books for our English classes. Being the study enthusiast that I am, I read the first book in advance and ended up loving it so much, I bought the entire series. I took a break from reading the series for years because life got in the way. Whenever I tried to read this last book, I'd read the series from the beginning so I could refresh my memory on all the events. This is why it has taken me so long to finish the entire thing. However, I'm almost halfway through City of Heavenly Fire and I'm absolutely loving it so far.


4. Wooden Ballerina-themed Roundabout 

This is my ultimate stress reducer! It plays Waltz of the Flowers by Tchaikovsky from the Nutcracker, one of my favorite ballet musical pieces. It was a gift from my mom, which I truly appreciate and love.


That's all for this week folks. I'll do my best to be back next week for another post, all the while finishing all the homework and papers I have to get done. In the meantime, have a lovely and productive week. 

Au revoir! 

No comments