Vegetarian Eats: The Wholesome Table


The Wholesome Table should definitely be a staple for vegetarians and health buffs. The name of the restaurant alone already gives passers-by a clue as to the type of food they serve inside. Most of the time, people wrongly associate healthy foods with bland taste. Yet, it's possible to eat healthily and still enjoy what you're eating! The Wholesome Table is the perfect blend of whole and organic foods that are cooked and prepared to a delectable finish.


These photos were taken at their BGC branch near Central Square in High Street. The first thing you'll notice when you step inside is the life-size tree that seems to be growing right in the middle of the restaurant. The second thing you'll realize is WHOOPS, it's fake. Yet, the tree is a major contribution to the ambience that The Wholesome Table is going for. Organic. Green. Farm Fresh. Healthy. The store is also adorned with plants hanging from the ceiling, arranged on the floor, and even stacked on shelves. More-so, the wooden tables and decor add a natural and rustic feel to the place. It truly feels like you're dining in the countryside surrounded by nature and it's bountiful gifts. 


What I really like about The Wholesome Table is that there are options for vegetarians and non-vegetarians alike! Based on comments from my parents and friends, the pasta and pizza selections are  really delicious (which I don't doubt because the pizzas are cooked in brick-ovens!). However, I normally gravitate towards their appetisers and salads just because they have a lot of vegetarian-friendly choices in these sections of the menu!


1. Vegan Cheese 

This is one of their best appetisers in my opinion, although I may be biased because I'll most likely enjoy anything that's vegan. It's not actually cheese but tofu mixed with some herbs and garlic to give it that cheesy taste. The tofu is topped with sweet caramelised onions that blend perfectly with the savoury taste of the food underneath. 

P.S. You can choose to eat this dip with either sourdough bread or romaine hearts. 


2. Cordillera Salad 

I recently discovered how delicious this salad is! I ordered it the last time I went to The Wholesome Table and it did not disappoint. Normally, the salad comes with boiled duck egg but I opted to have it without. Yet, I still enjoyed the mix of kale, baked onions and carrots together with tomatoes, squash, pole beans, and candied chayote. The whole thing was topped with feta cheese as well. Despite the abundance of vegetables in this dish, the salad is definitely more on the sweet side because of its citrus vinaigrette. I'll definitely be having some more when I get back. 


3. Carrot Pumpkin Soup 

Ahhh, carrot pumpkin soup. It smells divine and tastes oh, so good. I enjoy ordering this warm soup on cold, rainy days. Now that it's getting close to December, I'll surely be having this more often. The soup is topped with coconut cream, which is a healthy substitute for the standard fatty cream that is normally found in other recipes for pumpkin soup. You may also find a few pieces of goji berries hidden in the soup, which tastes delightfully sweet in the otherwise savoury mix. 

Make sure you try these dishes the next time you visit The Wholesome Table. I promise you that it'll be worth what you pay! 

Thank you for reading this week's blog post! I know that it's been a while but I've been busy with all the requirements this semester. However, I have lots of posts planned for the future, so I'll catch up with you guys soon. Au revoir! 👋🏻

2 comments

  1. Great post on "Vegetarian Eats: The Wholesome Table". As a professional chef i have to appreciate your work. Keep Posting useful posts like this. Keep in touch with my websites- barista program | dubai cooking classes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback, Jamal! Will definitely keep the Vegetarian Eats series going.

      Delete